Breaking News
  • High School Varsity Track @ Wamego May 3, 2024
  • High School Softball Banquet May 2, 2024 @ High School Cafeteria
  • May 4, 2024 (Saturday) Forensic and Journalism State Competitions
  • No School May 1, 2024

The Hoof Print

The Student News Site of Rock Creek High School

The Hoof Print

The Hoof Print

Future Farmers at Rock Creek

A inside look at the Rock Creek FFA program.
FFA+members+at+their+annual+achievement+banquet.+
Kyndal Crain
FFA members at their annual achievement banquet.

Founded in 1928, Future Farmers of America (FFA) has evolved from a visionary project to a vital nationwide organization. They are dedicated to further the education of agriculture, connecting students, teachers, and agribusiness to enhance growth and leadership. Today, FFA stands as a dynamic youth organization, driving the future of agriculture through education and leadership.  

After speaking with Vanessa Jones, the current president of Rock Creek’s FFA chapter, it became clear that the role is very complex and involves significant leadership. “I had to go through an interview process where I had five people interviewing me and they asked a bunch of questions regarding different aspects they thought would be important for me to have in the role…” Jones shared. “I do a lot with my Vice President, Reese Grady. In meetings, we’re running them and helping everybody listening to everybody’s ideas and compiling those to plan different events and we both have really good leadership skills.”

While FFA is known for its commitment to agricultural education and leadership, it also offers plenty of opportunities for fun and friendship. Members often look back fondly on the more lighthearted moments of their FFA involvement. “My favorite memory was hanging out with my friends on the bus rides to and from events,” Prockish recalled. 

As the Future Farmers of America continues to grow and nurture the leaders of tomorrow, it stands as a testament to the enduring value of agricultural education and the development of life skills. Through the dedicated efforts of chapter presidents like Vanessa Jones and the collective experiences of members like Prockish, FFA cultivated not only a deep understanding of agriculture but also fosters a strong sense of community and personal growth. FFA is the blend of professional development, leadership, and friendship that ensures FFA will continue to be an integral part of American agricultural life, shaping both the landscape and the individuals who work within it for generations to come.