Breaking News
  • High School Varsity Track @ Wamego May 3, 2024
  • High School Softball Banquet May 2, 2024 @ High School Cafeteria
  • May 4, 2024 (Saturday) Forensic and Journalism State Competitions
  • No School May 1, 2024

The Hoof Print

The Student News Site of Rock Creek High School

The Hoof Print

The Hoof Print

When is the best time to start celebrating Christmas?

The heated argument of Thanksgiving vs Christmas.

Christmas trees, festive lights, and gifts are some of the great joys of Christmas. Although we might all enjoy these fun activities, when is the best time to start celebrating?

Christmas is one of the most popular holidays that is celebrated worldwide. But, here in the United States, people start celebrating this beloved holiday briefly a month after Thanksgiving. Even though it is ideal to wait for Thanksgiving to end before decorating or celebrating Christmas, people opt out and decide to start doing these festivities before then. It brings some people immense joy and happiness but for others, it can bring some frustrations. 

For many years, there has been an ongoing dispute about when to start listening to Christmas music. But this topic has led to more than just listening to such music. There have been more to the questions like when stores should start advertising for Christmas and why get into the holiday spirit before Thanksgiving. These topics have struck many opinions, and people are very devoted to making their voices heard when talking on this topic. Celebrating when you want is a perfect time for anyone to be in the good holiday spirit. I enjoy doing some of these events before Thanksgiving, such as listening to Christmas music and decorating my own space with such decorations. However, after Thanksgiving is the time that I love spending time with my family sprucing up the house with other joyous decorations.

Christmas and Thanksgiving are both enjoyable holidays where we can spend time with friends and family, but why is there so much Christmas before Thanksgiving? This is promoted by more businesses helping them make more money around the Christmas season. So do what you prefer and live the holiday season to the fullest!