Line Dances and Board Games

Line Dances and Board Games

What the students at Rock Creek High School got up to before and during their annual winter formal.

The Rock Creek High School Winter Formal was on Saturday, February 10th, 2024, with all grades in High school welcome. Tori Sieben, the sponsor, along with members of the Student Council (STUCO) prepared many of the different activities and decorations for this dance.

The hallway decorating competitions were one of the main activities. Each grade chose a board game as the theme of their hall, the freshmen chose Clue, the sophomores Scrabble, the juniors Monopoly, and the seniors Candyland.

The dance included a variety of music, such as slow songs and line dances, of which the students had previously voted on. STUCO played a big part in making the dance and they helped come up with ideas. Tori Sieben, the director of the dance, organized the logistics for the formal. STUCO coordinated with the cheer team for spirit week ideas. The cheer team also led the in-school pep rally the Friday before the dance to get the students in school spirit.

Before the dance, students participated in Spirit Week, the students could dress up differently for the different topics for each day of the week. These themes, based on movies, included, “Back to the Future (future you),” and, “Freaky Friday (dress up like a friend or parent),” The dance took around a month of planning when it came to all of the decorating. Sieben said, “I’m just seeing the kids come up with ideas and stuff that they want to do differently for the dance, so that’s always fun to see them doing that.” 

Everyone involved with planning and organizing the dance expressed that it went seamlessly, with little issue and lots of fun.