Breaking News
  • High School Varsity Track @ Wamego May 3, 2024
  • High School Softball Banquet May 2, 2024 @ High School Cafeteria
  • May 4, 2024 (Saturday) Forensic and Journalism State Competitions
  • No School May 1, 2024

The Hoof Print

The Student News Site of Rock Creek High School

The Hoof Print

The Hoof Print

Board of Education Meeting: November 13

At the November 13th Board of Education meeting, the members bid farewell to a retiring representative, Mina. Hope stirred as plans for the new track at Rock Creek were starting to unfold.

The Board of Education wrote a letter to Mina, “in honor of the retirement of Mina after 45 years of faithful service as the clerk of board…” Mina’s exceptional commitment to the board has left an unforgettable impression on the Rock Creek community. 

As the meeting progressed, the focus shifted towards the future and the anticipated changes for Rock Creek. “The second tier is just looking at construction, putting in a base on asphalt and that’s what they specialize in doing the type of road construction.” Churchman said. “I’ll meet with McConnel and they’ll probably want to get the option of bidding the whole thing too…”

Questions and concerns started to arise when talking about the new track. “I’m not trying to stir the pot. I know we talked about the turf field a little bit last year.” Wick said. “I guess I just want to make sure anything that we do wouldn’t have to be done in the future, per say we were to get a turf field.”

When Churchman sought clarity on Wick’s question about the track, the room fell silent. Churchman proceeded to ask a couple insightful questions, aiming to fully understand Wick’s concerns. Responding, Churchman said “one thing that is a nice feature and is in really good shape still is the curbing that we have on the exterior or sidewalks containing the track curving the concrete, so whatever we do on the track won’t cause any problems. It’s not like we have to come back and they have to put carbon in and possibly damage the track. At a later date.”

As the Board of Education meeting drew to a close, it was clear that the future of Rock Creek was bright. The retiring representative, Mina, was given a heartfelt send-off, a testament to her years of dedicated service. The discussion about the new track and potential future turf football field highlighted the board’s commitment to continually enhancing student facilities. The thoughtful questions and proactive planning demonstrated during the meeting, showed a community ready to take on future challenges. As we look forward to the next meeting, the anticipation is tinged with excitement for what is to come.